Wow, it’s been an AMAZING past few months! May saw me doing some shows out West (BC & AB), taking part in a recording project at Mt Engadine Lodge with 5 other singer-songwriters, then heading across the pond for a 6 week tour in the UK (including a performance in Trafalgar Square on Canada Day!), then heading West for shows and a teaching stint at the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop near Seattle. Look at my class!!! Don’t they look just AWESOME???!?!?
I was lucky enough to carve out a bit of time to head to Idaho where my aunt lives and get some visiting in. Now I’m heading back to Manitoba for a show at Poor Michael’s Bookstore in Onanole (Riding Mountain National Park) and then performing at the Harvest Sun Music Festival. Back to AB after that for a stint at the FAMI camp and a performance in ROSEBUD (one of my favourite places) as one of their headliners for the “15 Minutes of Fame” festival.
My goal this fall is to purge my house and all my belongings, and make sure I can get out to play for all my amazing friends, fans and supporters. Plans are in the works….
Highlights of the past few months:
– seeing all the amazing friends & “adopted family” I have in the UK (you know who you are!)
– playing the Bob Harris radio show on BBC Radio 2 with my good friends Scott Poley & Andy Worthington
– playing both the Maverick Festival & Canada Day in Trafalgar Square
– playing banjo with Johnny (on and off trains… hee hee)
– getting to play the famous 12 Bar club in London
– hanging out with my dear friend Andrew McCrorie-Shand and all the fine folks at The Chapel
– driving across the Canadian Prairies with my dear friend (and neighbour) Andrea — haven’t had someone else drive in so long, it was such a treat!
– being back at Mt Engadine Lodge and playing banjo in the sun on their fab deck
– getting to teach at PSGW — such a magical life-altering experience… wow…
See you down the road! Oh, please check out this GREAT video my friend and partner-in-crime Alex made for me all about the new album:
Love, hope and peace – Cara