September 2006 0
Fall is upon us, here’s hoping everyone is enjoying the cooler evenings and farmer’s markets full of multi-coloured squash! 🙂
Summer was a bit of a blur — the house I had been renting sold within a few weeks of it being listed, which meant moving rather quickly and suddenly into a new place, only to leave again for a month long tour. I arrived home just prior to the Sept long weekend, boxes waiting to be unpacked, the lawn overgrown. Slowly unpacking, figuring out where to put things, realizing I am in desperate need of a few essentials (like a desk and kitchen table… eeek!). But all is well!
Highlights from the summer:
– seeing my dear friends Mia and Kevin in Vanderhoof and playing their oh-so-funky store downtown
– being guest performers at the Prince George Folk Fest (in it’s 3rd year — hooray for new festivals!)
– hanging out in Wells, BC for over a week, teaching a songwriting workshop with Linda McRae and Kevin Kane — what a fun time it was for all of us! Great indie arts festival up that-a-way
– visiting old friends in the Okanagan and performing at the lake
– seeing my former drummer/percussionist James Hill for the first time in 5 years!! He’s getting married!
– hanging out in Wilcox (my Saskatchewan home) and loading up with fresh veggies from the community farm
– finally making it out to the Schwab’s cabin in Lake of the Woods — beautiful, peaceful, relaxing
Hugh and I will be heading back West for some “Build the Buzz” shows later in Sept, into Oct. We would LOVE to have you come to a show! We will be armed with some pre-release sampler discs…. Check out the Concerts section for details.
Peace and light to you all –