Feb 2008 0
Wow, it’s cold. My car thermometer hasn’t gone much above -24 the past month. Hugh and I ventured out West for some shows in SK, AB and BC and it truly was an adventure! The night we played in Fernie we weren’t sure if the snow was going to stop, and if we would even make it out of the hotel parking lot. ai yi. The next day we drove to Jasper, passing cars in the ditches, watching the temperature drop and drop, arriving at the Downstream with our poor wee NanoVan (the Matrix) wheezing like a cold tired soul.
Our last stop on the tour was the fabulous ColdSnap festival in Prince George (so appropriately named!) where we made some wonderful new friends, connected with old ones, and absolutely loved the audiences.
Now we’re gearing up for our first trip to Memphis — showcasing at the North American Folk Alliance conference. Should be fun!
Highlights of the past month:
– playing for Sara’s 39th birthday party in Edmonton and watching movies on Rick’s Big Screen (BS). I’ve never truly experienced a home theatre room quite like that!
– snow, snow and more snow! Fernie got dumped on… and so did everywhere else it seemed. Beautiful!
– driving the road from PG to Jasper…. so isolated and beautiful. We always see moose there regardless of the season.
– the ColdSnap Festival. It truly rocked!
– spending some time in Canmore at my friend Mel’s house — knitting time!
– seeing Kevin and Mia from Vanderhoof. I love them!
– watching Tony in Jasper ride his bike in -40 to the Downstream cause his car wouldn’t start. Frosty bearded bundled on a classic city cruisebike!
Here’s hoping you are all well, staying warm, enjoying the longer days.
Peace and light –